[M3devel] Missing packages?

Mika Nystrom mika at async.caltech.edu
Fri Dec 21 05:42:04 CET 2007

Hi Modula-3 people.

I was working on some code the other night and needed a small
persistent table data structure, and I seemed to remember that there
was a package called "stabletable" that had exactly the features I
needed: a simple, persistent implementation of the Modula-3 generic
tables.

Only problem was ... I couldn't find it anywhere!  I remembered it existed,
but nowhere to be found.  Well, I finally tracked it down on an m3browser
running at the University of Tampere (Finland), cut-and-pasted the .ig and
.mg and compiled the thing.

A few questions:

1. This package is dated 1994.  Is this after CM3 split from SRC M3?  Is
   that why it's not in CM3?
2. Should I add it to CM3?
3. Are there other packages of similar status?

     Mika