[M3devel] improving or removing cminstall?

j k jayk123 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 22 04:03:12 CET 2007

Are folks interested in refining the install?
For example, on Windows, tar and gzip are both required and carried. That
seems redundant.
Make it just a self extracting .zip? Or is there any "self extracting"
mechanism that works with bzip2?
bzip2 always gets betters compression for me than gzip.

Or just cut cminstall on Windows?
All it does is prompt for an install location and tar xzf there.
It provides no real value, yet we pay about 4 meg (uncompressed) for
cminstall.exe + tar.exe + gzip.exe + cygwin.dll.

I'll try some of these out.