[M3devel] cm3 5.5 for Windows min test release

j k jayk123 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 24 10:41:31 CET 2007

I renamed the files.
Yes the compiler prints 5.5.0.
I put up few more archives. They are all about the same.
There is a .tar.bz2, a .zip, and a self extracting .zip/.exe.
You can also just run unzip on the .exe.
All but the original .tgz lack cminstall/tar/gzip/cygwin.dll and extract
into cm3.
So you could just do like:
cd \
cm3-min-WIN32-NT386-d5.5.0
call vcvars32
set path=\cm3\bin;%path%

We don't need all these formats. tar.bz2 is smallest. .zip support is "built
in" to Windows. .zip is n the middle size, since I removed cminstall from
it.
.cab might also be good. I thought I had something around to create them
easily but I don't see it now.

The compiler says:
\cm3\bin\cm3 -version
Critical Mass Modula-3 version d5.5.0
  last updated: 2006-10-30
  configuration: \cm3\bin\cm3.cfg

The date is fishy.

Do we need to include copyright-cmass at the top? It says something about
contributing changes back. But we aren't doing that, right?

Feel free to delete any of the archives. I can remake them easily. (I'lll
submit my automation shortly.)

The self extracting .exe uses upx for the stub to save just a little space.
The license encourages me to credit it. :)
Upx is neat.

Dynamic linking cm3.exe would really save space but I am not sure that is
practical.

- Jay