[M3devel] Fwd: Output from "cron" command

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 10 14:46:10 CEST 2008

 > I have hardly gotten anywhere trying to run the Tinderbox stuff, but can run various tests manually..
The first problem is finding distributions to download. Maybe it can fallback to that less tested directory where I have put stuff (which reminds me, I should delete what is there and put up newer...)

 - Jay

From: jayk123 at hotmail.comTo: hosking at cs.purdue.edu; m3devel at elegosoft.comDate: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:41:10 +0000Subject: Re: [M3devel] Fwd: Output from "cron" command

This was surely my attempt at "fixing" them to honor my $CVSROOT.It worked for me on Cygwin..my checkin comment was "good" -- it said I don't know if it was bash or Cygwin specific. C:\dev2\cm3.2\scripts\regression\cm3.build# checkout the current cm3 regression script and source it(echo $CVSROOT | grep @m3.elegosoft.com:/usr/cvs > /dev/null) || CVSROOT=":ext:modula3.elegosoft.com:/usr/cvs"cvs -d $CVSROOT checkout -A \  -d ${REGRESSION_SCRIPTS_DIR} cm3/scripts/regression/defs.shCan you quickly/easily massage that into something more portable?Otherwise I'll just put back. I have hardly gotten anywhere trying to run the Tinderbox stuff, but can run various tests manually.. Looks like I'm getting a cheap Sun machine from eBay..might be a bit interesting...  - Jay

From: hosking at cs.purdue.eduTo: m3devel at elegosoft.comDate: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:29:38 -0400Subject: [M3devel] Fwd: Output from "cron" command

Regressions are broken...
Begin forwarded message:

From: Tony Hosking <hosking at cs.purdue.edu>
Date: April 10, 2008 6:30:07 AM GMT-04:00
To: hosking at cs.purdue.edu
Subject: Output from "cron" command

Your "cron" job on niagara.cs.purdue.edu$HOME/cm3/scripts/regression/cron.shproduced the following output:./tinderbox-build.sh: syntax error at line 270: `R=$' unexpected./tinderbox-build.sh: syntax error at line 270: `R=$' unexpected