[M3devel] current tinderbox failures / new release?

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 18 10:00:56 CEST 2008

getwd was my doing. Yeah I guess I'll workaround, with some sh. Sorry, I didn't realize.
I guess fs_cp same problem?
Tony "argues" for removing the useof getwd, but so far it seems to fix something that is actually a problem.
I think any release is ok...sort of.

> NT386 tests
NT386 tests aren't runnable, but presumably no major regression, right?
There is still the bitmap thing.

> AMD64
AMD64
Certainly ok to release without.
And you meant AMD64_NT/LINUX.
AMD64_DARWIN is already there from Tony.
:)

Am I going to have to stop checking in, or use a branch?

 > needed features, blocking bugs

Just having new targets even in "prerelease" form are nice features already present:
  AMD64_DARWIN (aka AMD64_MACOSX :) )

  NT386GNU
  NT386MINGNU (still without gui working due to __stdcall; I should workaround..)
plus:
  Quake extensions
  set relationship bug fix
  non-interactive install
  install-less archives possibly available
  possible perf benefits from sleep() removal in Process

Would be nice to get PPC_LINUX up to pthreads but not high priority.

Not sure what the marketing department says, if this is "enough" to have a "major" release that everyone will "buy". :)

What's the "official" QA/release process anyway, for the daily snapshots, the snapshots I uploaded, vs. anything else?

Would be nice to see if .debs/.rpms could be made and available through "official" channels.

 - Jay