[M3devel] need help with cm3 problem before I deliver software this week

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Fri Aug 1 17:59:07 CEST 2008

Quoting Randy Coleburn <rcoleburn at scires.com>:

> Olaf:
>
> The problem reproduces every time on my system.  I've tried it on three
> different XP computers with same results every time.
>
> I froze my Modula-3 sources a couple of months ago in order to ensure
> stability during production of my deliverables.  At the time they were
> frozen, I was up-to-date with all of the cm3 sources via cvs.
>
> I've attached a gzipped formsedit program that I just built on my
> system using the build_standalone() directive.  See if you can unzip
> this and run it on your system and let me know if you get the bad
> behavior problem.

Randy,

indeed your compiled program shows the strange behaviour. I'll add
my version as someone may be able to compare the linked objects and
see which are significantly different.

We can now be sure that it is indeed either a difference in the source
code or a difference in the code my and your compiler generate.
I haven't upgrade my Windows compiler for more than two months.
I'll try an upgrade of the core system later.

Regards,

Olaf