[M3devel] [M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Tony Hosking hosking at cs.purdue.edu
Sat Feb 2 00:57:32 CET 2008

I just checked in support for full declaration of paramters even on
imported procedures in the gcc-based backend.  This is to support
proper generation of stdcall calling convention on Windows.  In the
process of testing this I discovered that cm3 on non-Windows
platforms now needs to build and ship both of the Windows x86 support
libraries m3back and m3objfile, even though non-Windows platforms
don't use or need them.  This seems broken to me.  It seems that cm3
has changed so that it now has these dependencies.  Can we please
undo this? -- I see no need to have to build these for non-x86
platforms that will never use them.