[M3devel] scripts/PKGS

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Tue Feb 12 11:34:42 CET 2008

Quoting Tony Hosking <hosking at cs.purdue.edu>:

> I notice scripts/PKGS is no longer in the repository.  Does this get
> generated somehow now?  I know that do-cm3-std.sh depends on it because
> my copy of PKGS was broken (missing sysutils).  Can someone explain to
> me how the build scripts have changed and how I should be using them?

PKGS has never been checked-in and should not as far as I know.
It contains workspace-dependent paths and is built by find-packages.sh
if I remember correctly. All shell scripts will generate it if it
does not exist. It can be deleted any time, and indeed must be deleted
if packages are added (or they will not be found). This is arguably a bug,
but then all the scripts were never intended to be a general user interface
for CM3 users (only for the maintenance).

Olaf