[M3devel] state of m3gdb on LINUXLIBC6?

Rodney M. Bates rodney.bates at wichita.edu
Fri Feb 29 17:43:35 CET 2008

Olaf Wagner wrote:
> Quoting "Rodney M. Bates" <rodney.bates at wichita.edu>:
>
>> As for other platforms, I don't have any around, and I'm not aware of
>> anybody
>> trying it.
>

> It compiles without problems on FreeBSD 6.3 and works as long as
> programs are linked with libthr.so (not with libpthread.so).

Any more information on what the difference in these libraries is?

> I haven't used it much yet, and some things seemed to be strange;
> thread stack switching or viewing didn't work at all.

m3gdb needs work on threads.  I have never done anything on it.
Unless Tony did some when he was working on it several years ago,
I think it is pretty much as it came from SRC, and that was fairly
primitive.  Plus, the new pthreads implementation is not supported.
Once I glanced at the code and it looked immediately like what was
there would not work at all.  This has been on my list a while.

> If you want to try anything on FreeBSD, let me know, I can provide
> a remote login.

Yes, that would be helpful.

> Olaf

Rodney M. Bates, retired assistant professor
Dept. of Computer Science, Wichita State University
Wichita, KS 67260-0083
316-978-3922
rodney.bates at wichita.edu