[M3devel] cm3 winvbt concerns

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Thu Jan 3 04:52:51 CET 2008

Hi all:
Talking about Windows state, the gui packet (winvbt used in mentor, juno, etc, ..) needs to be checked, at least as I see the problem that Jay and maybe Randy are seeing was reported in a 2003 post on comp.lang.modula3:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.modula3/browse_thread/thread/cffb2c2cfda5d9b7/a1822c17c9381925#a1822c17c9381925

Looking more closely, I think there is some code that need to be completed as is documented on the file WinContext.m3 at the procedure:
PushStroke (below is a url to show you the comment on that function of dec src that is equal implemented on cm3):
http://www.cs.tut.fi/lintula/manual/modula3/m3sources/html/ui/src/winvbt/WinContext.m3.html#PushStroke

It says:
    (*
     * The main omission is that I don't deal with pixmaps!
     *
     * Refer back to XGC.ResolveStrokeGC to see just how much functionality
     * is missing!
     *)

The comment refers to this function that is implemented in xvbt implementation:
http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3/doc/help/gen_html/ui/src/xvbt/XGC.m3.html#ResolveStrokeGC

I got into this function (PushPixmap of WinContext ) because the assert fails at WinContext.PushPixmap in the line:
***    <*ASSERT*> failed.
 ***    file "..\src\winvbt\WinContext.m3", line 165 :
brush := WinGDI.CreatePatternBrush (pst.pmtable[pm].hbmp);

brush gets NIL. I suspect that is because of the (pst.pmtable[pm].hbmp) argument is not correct.
If you have a m3browser winnt machine (pcname named) with latest cm3, this is the url of the procedure implementation:
http://pcname:3829/SWinContext.i3.PushPixmap#PushPixmap
Or in the cvs online this is the source file of that function:
http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/cm3/m3-ui/ui/src/winvbt/WinContext.m3?rev=1.1.1.2;content-type=text%2Fplain

Also, the function doesn't exist on the old implementation of winvbt (of dec src):
http://www.cs.tut.fi/lintula/manual/modula3/m3sources/html/ui/src/winvbt/WinContext.m3.html

One can look more further, but let me know what do you think.

Daniel Benavides

¿Chef por primera vez? - Sé un mejor Cocinillas.
Entra en Yahoo! Respuestas.