[M3devel] m3devel vs. m3support?

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Fri Jan 25 18:02:37 CET 2008

Quoting Jay <jayk123 at hotmail.com>:

> I noticed at the end of the Ubuntu instructions:
>   "see m3-support for help"
>
> Which got me thinking:
>
> Is m3devel for developers who USE m3, or the developers OF m3.
>    I'm not sure. In particular, is it lower level, discussing how to
>  bring up new targets, how to change the compiler
>     or higher level help with learning the language?
>
> Is m3support for support of developers who use m3 (as indicated
> above), or for infrastructure support for developer OF m3, like
> fixing networking connectivity to birch or unusual stuff like that?
> I thought it was the second.
>
> AND/OR m3devel is both, if you were to split in half, you'd only
> have 2 people on each list and you wouldn't need a list? :)
>
> (somewhat the small community is a bonus for me, fewer people to
> piss off if I make a mistake, somewhat it is depressingly small...)

m3devel was created for developers of M3 and developers using M3.
It's a rather technical group. You need to subscribe to it to be able
to post.

m3-support is (currently) an Elego-internal list of M3-capable
users willing to help anybody running into problems with the system.
It is basically just a sendmail alias as far as I know, so everybody
can freely send mail to it. There is no archive of the mails (or I
don't know of it).

m3-support is used on all the M3 WWW pages.

Olaf