[M3devel] reactor: catalyst vs cm3-ide

Roland Illig roland.illig at gmx.de
Sun Jan 27 17:23:02 CET 2008

Randy Coleburn wrote:
> Ok, I've gotten some feedback on the new name for reactor.
>
> I've attached a PDF that has two pages:  one depicts use of Catalyst,
> the other CM3-IDE.
>
> Please let me know which you prefer.

If these are going to become logos of any kind, I don't like them both.

- They use lots of different font shapes and sizes. This makes the image
rather complicated. A logo should use at most one font shape.

- There are lots of components in the logo. To view them all, it takes a
long time. A logo should be as simple that one can recognize it at a glance.

- What does the battery have to do with Modula-3?

- How does it relate to the light bulb?

- What does the "With Power" on the light bulb mean? Is it important for
the logo?

- Is there any prior art for these kinds of logos?

Roland