[M3devel] WeakRef mechanism alive and well? cm3-cvshead

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Tue Mar 11 09:03:09 CET 2008

I have single linked list that I use to send messages to many threads.
It's end is locked for addition, and current end is given to each new
client connecting. This way, all client are going towards end of the
list so it's head becomes unreferenced and goes away by GC.

Except it does not.

I've added WeakRef cleanup and sequential id's so I can record maximum
freed id for checking. No single cleanup happens.

I'll cross check my code and count my references from application side,
but maybe someone else has similar problems?

dd
--
Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org>