[M3devel] possible cygwin createprocess/fork cost measurements..

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 22 07:51:03 CET 2008

> branches
Sorry, but I have some "issues" around learning source control systems -- I do it very slowly.> the resources centralized. What really is needed is more integration> and ease of use, and not more diversion.
On the one hand, I don't think you are missing much in not having the contents of my SVN.
On the other hand, I can/should look into making it world readable.
On the third hand (?), actually, there is some stuff that I think is useful and might benefit others, but it is also partly user/machine-specific and can only serve as good examples and not directly usable by anyone else. Specifically at least the various .bat files I have for configuring various environments for various toolsets.
As well, since these are important to me, for "work" (ok, play), beyond Modula-3, it makes sense to not be in "the Modula-3 source control system".

> Have you had a look at System.ExecuteList and q_exec?

Sorry, not yet.
Yes it sounds like it will fix the sh wrap issue. But not the fork/exec vs. spawn, which I will deal with.

> compiler backend. Integrated backends can be developped independently> of gcc though.
Yes, I think more of these will be good.