[M3devel] possible cygwin createprocess/fork cost measurements..

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 24 18:39:29 CET 2008

I'm using q_exec now, except where my command line has a semicolon within a parameter.
I'm using spawn now too generally.scripts\upgrade.py takes about a minute for NT386, about 3:45 for NT386GNU.
I don't know how long it took before, but it does feel faster, and I building just m3core I had numbers for.

About the only things left now for NT386GNU are:
  allow building a "Windows" app to work
  run the tests and tinderbox

MAYBE see if batching cm3cg/as can save more time.
Other folks have complained on the gcc mailing list that gcc should just output .o files directly..

 - Jay

From: jayk123 at hotmail.com
[snip]