[M3devel] problems rebuilding everything

Randy Coleburn rcoleburn at scires.com
Mon May 5 23:13:15 CEST 2008

I think I've traced the problem rebuilding everything on WindowsXP to the sysutils package.

I don't think this package is getting built in the correct order when running the scripts in the scripts\win folder.

Can someone tell me the purpose and format of the scripts\pkginfo.txt file?  It would appear that this file has something to do with defining the build order.  In this file the sysutils entry is defined as:  sysutils core std

In looking at the m3makefile for this package, it appears to depend on:  libm3

When I run the scripts\win\upgrade.cmd file, I get to a point where an error occurs because sysutils has not been built.  If you then build sysutils and run the upgrade.cmd script again, you later get a version stamp mismatch problem.

Please advise on how to repair this problem.

Regards,
Randy