[M3devel] problems rebuilding everything

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Tue May 6 01:01:22 CEST 2008

This is all normal stuff, not indicative of any real problem.
Please try scripts/python/upgrade.py.
I don't use scripts/win any longer.
The format of pkginfo.txt is incredibly simple:
  1) it is in a particular order
  2) package name followed by groups it is in
  almost everything is in "std".

The order of the file isn't necessarily correct for "upgrade", since you have to skip building anything that uses LONGINT and first build a compiler that understands LONGINT. (I'm working on a small change with the opposite requirement, but will instead avoid it, else cause too painful bootstrapping; the change is to provide HOST and HOST_OSTYPE in quake, but that's a dependency from m3quake to m3core, if done the expected way; I'll clone Compiler.tmpl instead, and rename the interfade).

  - Jay