[M3devel] tinderbox

Jay jayk123 at hotmail.com
Thu May 1 12:36:53 CEST 2008

so far I can confirm:
1) "no" other solution known for AMD64_LINUX
er, actually, public = (level != 0) should work
but a few other solutions didn't work -- e.g. -fvisibility=hidden has no affect as expected

2) DECL_PRESERVE_P and TREE_USED both sound promising
really, gcc is just a mess of hard to understand flags all over the place..

3) I can reproduce the problem on PPC_DARWIN
The "actual" uses of the functions have the names replaced by generated names -- ok, but bad for debugging
The references are then from the module information...so much for dead stripping?
I don't think those should be there.
I don't know why the names end up generated, maybe because of static = 1?
Not clear if static means "C file scope" or something else.

I'll keep poking -- waiting for my PPC_DARWIN build of m3cg (hm, I must have cleaned out the previous).

There is a nice optimization to my larger fix here, and it doesn't even go far enough, but for now checking (level != 0) will probably suffice.

 - Jay

CC: m3devel at elegosoft.com