[M3devel] gcc/m3cc/cm3c for OpenBSD?

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Tue May 27 14:44:52 CEST 2008

Quoting Jay <jayk123 at hotmail.com>:

> Tony, I'm not sure what your answer is below, but I commited #1  +#3.
>
>  >> 1) import them m3-sys/m3cc/src/patches/openbsd >> 3) apply
> patches at build time
> Obvious major danger with the current code is of accidentally
> commiting the patched files.
> Perhaps something like copying files into the output and using VPATH
>  can remove that danger.
> Or perhaps if the accident occurs, it is easily undone? I don't know.
>
>  >> 2) perhaps use a vendor branch for the import
>
> Could there be a vendor branch for "OpenBSD gcc" and then "mainline"
>  is the merge of the various branches?

CVS does only really support _one_ vendor branch, even if some
docs say otherwise. So if the original gcc sources are on a vendor
branch, openbsd changes for examples should be imported on another
branch, and then explicitly merged (vendor branch is merged implicitly,
which is arguably a feature or a bug ;-)

Olaf