[M3devel] New m3gdb documentation

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Tue Nov 4 17:04:32 CET 2008

Quoting "Rodney M. Bates" <rodney.bates at wichita.edu>:

> I have new and greatly expanded documentation on m3gdb.  It is created
> in docbook format, and I have managed to get it to convert to one-page
> html.  I intend to do multi-page html and pdf also.

All documentation is checked-in below cm3/doc and cm3/www.
m3gdb should probably be integrated into doc.

> I am not sure where in the repository this should go, where to put html
> files so they are available on the web, or what to do with mechanically
> derived files in the repository.  I thought of creating a new subdirectory
> doc/help/m3gdb, but I can only find how to get cvs to add a new ordinary
> file, not a directory.

just use `cvs add <dir>'

> Also, I presume that Olaf will want to get the html to look like the other
> pages, which some kind of style sheet should do, but I don't know where to
> find that either.

The style sheet is normal.css at the top level.
You can reference it like this in the HTML header:

     <LINK HREF="normal.css" REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css">

It's checked in at cm3/www/normal.css.

When you've checked-in all your additions, we need to ship them
to the WWW server to make them visible. I can do that if you like,
just let me know when you're finished.

It's great that you're taking care of m3gdb and thus providing a
working debugger for all M3 users!

Regards,

Olaf