[M3devel] Help finding CM3 compiler for Linux?

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 1 11:22:58 CEST 2009

Olaf, in the LINUXLIBC6 configuration, try putting --32 on the as/gas invocations.

You mentioned --32 on cm3, but I wonder if you meant -m32 on cm3.

 cm3 -m32

 as --32

or check the man pages or help. They aren't consistent, for more reasons than shown here (e.g. MIPS has -mabi64, and I think AIX has something else, and HP-UX gcc supports none of these -- no bi-arch support).

 > probably be easiest to use a real 32 bit system and start from 5.4.0
 > again.

Using any current system should be plenty easy too.

e.g. the distributions I put up. :)

AMD64_LINUX should be a good starting point, but I haven't tried it in a bit.

I should be able to build a current LINUXLIBC6 very very soon.

I guess I can install FreeBSD 7.1..which I'd been meaning to anyway to test a switch to the "new" Unix *.i3 files.

I'll be using python/make-dist.py though.

I do need to get more packages into it though, e.g. cm3ide and m3gdb.

 - Jay