[M3devel] FW: cvsup

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Apr 14 02:37:42 CEST 2009

I think you can ssh into birch and tar cfz /usr/cvs/cm3 or such.

If you want/need cvsup, yes please try current cm3 source.
It at least builds and the changes weren't really significant.
Yes they had their own copy of TCP.
Olaf's does too, but his used "override" to avoid the duplicate.
I just don't use the duplicate.
It looks like the mainline and cvsup were mostly in sync,
though mainline has 64bit big endian bug fixes ("one is int not INTEGER").
I should double check that though.

I think there is a bit of a language problem in Modula3.
I can  have:

INTERFACE A;
PROCEDURE F;

INTERFACE B;
PROCEDURE F;

and IMPORT both A and B from a third module, since I can refer to A.F and B.F,

but I cannot IMPORT A from B's implementation or vice versa.
The implementation of F is ambiguous.

A possible solution is to let the implementation put the
interface name ahead of the function.

MODULE B IMPORTS A;

PROCEDURE B.F() = BEGIN END B.F;

and all uses of F within B must say B.F or A.F.