[M3devel] cvsup

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 15 12:59:59 CEST 2009

Again, the current source builds.
The stuff I listed is some of what I did, what
  you would have to do if you started with the snapshop.
I shouldn't have mentioned it.

I did not make "do-pkg cvsup" and such work however. Or test it.
 But it might work, like do-pkg suplib && do-pkg cvsup/server && do-pkg cvsup/client.
The error indicates you don't have current source maybe.
Or, whatever, the pm3 vs. cm3 check isn't working.
 I' think I'll just make unconditional.
The text changes do not change the interface or even the
underlying data structures/pickes (future changes will conceivable
change the underlying structures). Only small bugfixes
are even in the mainline.

suplib is fine and needed. It is specific to cvsup and a bunch
  of code unique to it.
Just suptcp is dead now.

  cd $CVSROOT/m3-tools
  cvs -z3 upd cvsup
  cd cvsup/suplib
  cm3
  cm3 -ship
  cd ../server
  cm3
  cm3 -ship (optional)
  cd ../client
  cm3
  cm3 -ship (optional)

(client and server can be built in either order; suplib must be built before either)