[M3devel] platform names again.

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Mon Aug 24 19:06:24 CEST 2009

I have one home directory, shared via NFS among several machines.  Some
run Debian lenny, some run Debian squeeze, one is and AMD64.

Now I really appreciate the fact that when I run cm3 I get my
executables in a system-dependent diractory.

But it occurs to me that both Debian lenny and Debian squeeze end you
using the directory LINUXLIBC6.

Are the files generated there truly Debian-release-independent?  Might
they depend in some way on the contents of Debian's shared C libraries,
for example?  And if so, is there a way of overriding the word
"LINUXLIBC6" with some other word so that I can distinguish
them?

By the time I ship them to /usr/local/cm3, the problem is over, of
course, since eash system has its own /usr/local.  But on the way to
there, there could be mishaps in LinuxLIBC6.

-- hendrik