[M3devel] RC3 status and open tickets

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Sat Aug 29 13:36:37 CEST 2009

There have been many problems again building the release archives on
some platforms, especially NT386 and Solaris, but there is progress.
The SOLgnu packages seem to be OK now, but the SOLsun packages are
still all more or less broken. You can find the results of installation
tests at http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/view/test-install/
Several build machines we used in RC2 are still not available
(traveling on Jay's new computer ;-); those will be added later.

Build and other regression test results are in
http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/

There are still many open tickets regarding RC3

https://projects.elego.de/cm3/query?status=resolved&status=reopened&status=assigned&status=analyzed&status=new&status=accepted&group=status&milestone=CM3+Release+5.8+RC3

and the final 5.8 release:

https://projects.elego.de/cm3/query?status=resolved&status=reopened&status=assigned&status=analyzed&status=new&status=accepted&group=status&milestone=CM3+release+5.8

Help in analyzing and resolving them is very welcome.

I'll be on vacation for two weeks to the south of France, and won't
be able to do anything for CM3 then (leaving my laptop behind ;-).
I think it is unrealistic that the final release is availble until then,
but I hope that we at least have a more or less stable RC3.

Thanks for your patience and support,

Olaf