[M3devel] runtime/devel separation. was: Re: /etc/cm3.cfg (was: HEADS UP: cm3.cfg locations, was: Re: problems with cm3.cfg and MxConfig)

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Tue Aug 4 13:16:47 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 10:44 +0200, Olaf Wagner wrote:
> Not really.
>
> The only real `runtime package' we currently have would be
> cm3-ws-bin-min..., containing m3core and libm3.
>
> But then you'r probably thinking of `binary' packages and
> `source packages', aren't you? M3 doesn't really do these
> distinctions...

No, I am not thinking about source packages. These we have - tar.gz's
packed with building recipes.

What I did in my RPM packaging is to separate contents (roughly):

$BIN_INSTALL except compiler/debugger/related tools, $LIB_INSTALL and
$PKG_INSTALL/*/$BUILD_DIR, /etc/cm3.cfg, /etc/cm3/ --> into runtime

compiler/debugger, $PKG_INSTALL/*/src --> into development

This way I can have my packages installed without library/program source
shipped to end user. In case I need them, I just pull -devel package. I
am using this scheme for some time now.

What I have to work on is man1 vs. man7 and similar. Little bits and
pieces.

--
Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org>