[M3devel] some cvs errors?

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Tue Aug 4 17:49:27 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 10:22:54AM +0200, Olaf Wagner wrote:
> Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:
>

> >One error, the second one, was maybe local, not on the server.
> > I saw it again later while running make-dist.sh, it tries to update
> > itself.
> > Not clear why it occured here, maybe I had one running and the use
> >of $Id$ caused an attempted and failed write. Or maybe the error was
> > on the server. With CVS, can't be sure of much imho.
> >The other seems ok.
> >+2 for replacing cvs with something better.. after we invent more time...
>
> That something better would then be Perforce or AccuRev?
>
> Elego has got 3 committers to the Subversion project, and there are
> lots of problems, too. We've got several customers who are regularly
> pushing it over the edge of its capabilities...
>
> But I'm not against a change, as long as others will do the work ;-)
>
> Olaf

I'm being slow on teh cvs->monotone conversion project I was looking
into.  Once again, sorry.  Other things, ostly personal,  keep getting
in the way.

One thing that's delaying it is that I see no point in doing the
conversion while we're in the throes of getting a release out.

It looks as if the conversion, should we go through with it, will be
one-way; that is, monotone will not conveniently pass updates on to cvs.
I don't know yet whether it will be possible to regularly pass cvs
changes on to monotone, though.  It would be a lot easier if it were.

-- hendrik