[M3devel] the branch?

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Sun Aug 2 14:39:54 CEST 2009

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

> I checked out/updated in the branch.
> Then make-dist did an update and picked up somewhat old stuff, like
> the old caltech "term" stuff and the toplevel compat.quake.

Jay,

make-dist.sh on the release branch is supposed to just build the
RC2 tag and nothing else.

If we want anything else for that RC, we have to move the tag
and rebuild all archives affected by the change. Probably days later then.

If SOLgnu is broken and we cannot build anything with the sources,
then its broken in RC2. That's life.

I thought averything had stabilized. Let's keep it that way on the
branch. Feel free to test out different tool setups in the regression
or commit changes to the trunk.

If we need to merge fixes, let's just merge those absolutely necessary.

Olaf