[M3devel] CM3 Release Engineering and Feedback

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Mon Aug 17 13:35:25 CEST 2009

Quoting hendrik at topoi.pooq.com:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 02:38:06PM +0200, Olaf Wagner wrote:
>> Quoting hendrik at topoi.pooq.com:

>> >Well, I'll provide more with the next RC.  The hudson directory was
>> >pretty much a show-stopper.  I'd expect the same problem to be there on
>> >the other platforms.
>>
>> The simple work-around would be to call cm3 -build on the packages
>> again, which should only adapt the broken .M3SHIP files.
>
> I tried that , but it failed, complaining

Yes. Sorry. Those were the bogus collection dependencies. They should
now be 'fixed', too (at least much easier to understand). I've invested
some hours to compute the depdenencies on package and collection level
several times and made some changes to the collection classification
in pkginfo.txt.

[...]

> In any case, this will be an obsolete by the time RC3 starts to roll
> out.  So focus on that rather than fixing the workaround.

If there are no more new unexpected crashes, I'll build the RC3 archives
soon. It should be much easier this time. We'll see...

Olaf