[M3devel] more web site problems

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Sun Aug 23 12:52:49 CEST 2009

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

> http://www.opencm3.net/releng/collection-core.html
>
> has various README links.
> I'm certain many are not useful (like under gcc) and I'm not certain if
> any would be, but asis they all give access denied.

All README links should now be fixed. I had renamed the workspace
and forgot to adapt the link.

> "platform-specific library imports for Windows systems"
> is bogus. They are called "import libraries", not
> "library imports".

All package descriptions are in the DESC files. I've fixed this one
now. Feel free to improve further.

HTML needs to be regenerated now. I'll do that soon.

> The Description is obviously wrong.
> Maybe that is a placeholder?
> Or not expanded?

> The Dependencies look funny but maybe as intended?
> Or maybe this is a unique output of having no dependencies?
> Actually they look quite good for other package collections,
>  to provide all that data. I can't tell if only
>  immediately dependent package collections are listed
>  or transitive.

It's just the output of my scripts that compute the dependencies.
I haven't had put any efforts into making it beautiful. I thought
it would be easily understandable, but that's probably wrong ;-)

> The access denied on README isn't unique to core.
>  http://www.opencm3.net/releng/collection-database.html
>
> http://www.opencm3.net/releng/collection-cvsup.html
>  contains broken link to "manual page cvpasswd".

That's the result of your putting overrides into the CVSup
m3makefiles. Now nothing gets shipped. Probably all the CVSup
packages are broken in this respect. Overrides should only be
in m3override files and be activated with the -override option.

> http://www.opencm3.net/releng/collection-devlib.html
>  README access denied

Thanks for the comments,

Olaf