[M3devel] ignored errors

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Aug 25 09:21:48 CEST 2009

> Probably the first stage of upgrade?
> And calling make-dist without a already-compiled cm3 installation?

Yes, granted, probably unconvential that way.

> We need /usr/ccs/bin in the PATH on Solaris. I just noticed that the
> PATH was reset to /usr/bin after the latest installation, but forgot
> about /usr/ccs/bin.

I go back and forth here.
I tried out emptying my Solaris .profile file etc.
The default path is just /usr/bin.
I have made things work with that.
gcc, strip, ar, gtar, gmake are not in $PATH but they are present (in a "full" install of what Sun provides0.

Usually I check $PATH first, let user override that way, though granted, for strip I was not consistent.