[M3devel] CM3 on Win32 (MinGW)

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Feb 17 08:20:13 CET 2009

 NT386GNU corresponds to cygwin.
   It uses the gcc backend (has a 64 bit integer), and Cygwin runtime, pthreads, and forward slashes on all paths.

 NT386MINGNU corresponds to mingwin.
   It uses the gcc backend (has a 64 bit integer), MS runtime, Win32 threads, backwards slashes on all paths, but is ok with forward slashes, but doesn't do any "fancy" path conversions -- c:/windows is ok for example.

NT386MINGNU was working, at least for command line apps.

I can spin another build, make sure it still works, and maybe get around to fixing gui apps.
(I think I'll just put in a small workaround for the gui issue.)

In the meantime, can try cygwin?

Anyone ok if I rename these I386_CYGWIN and I386_MINGW or I386_MINGWIN?