[M3devel] [M3commit] FW: move to version 5.7.1?

Mika Nystrom mika at async.caltech.edu
Tue Jan 20 15:39:20 CET 2009

Jay writes:
>> From: jay.krell at cornell.edu
>> To: rcoleburn at scires.com; m3devel at elegosoft.com
>> Subject: RE: [M3devel] move to version 5.7.1?
>> Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 02:28:07 +0000
>>
>> Cmd is an awful language for nearly any purpose.
>> Please don't ask me to support any cmd files.
>>

>> Maybe I will rewrite the automation in JScript.
>> It is a half decent language and works plenty well for command line automation.
>> It is been "in the OS" for many years, probably at least since Windows 2000, and
>> with any install of Internet Explorer.
>>

>> But really..you know..all the Python I write...is somewhat of an indictment
>> of either Modula-3 or myself -- I don't "like" Modula-3 enough to write much
>> of anything in it.. That is..these "scripts" perhaps should be written in Modula-3.
>>

>> Or maybe actually in Quake?
>> Quake is kind of limited though.
>> Maybe with the updates though that Olaf made?
>> I'll think about it.

How about in Scheme?  I have written/am writing a Scheme interpreter
in Modula-3 that I am happy to release with CM3; it's very easily
extensible (that's sort of the point of it), so one can easily add
low-level features to it as necessary.  The system would be
self-contained with that interpreter.  Maybe writing scripts in
Scheme is a little "weird"... (but I do it :-) )

     Mika