[M3devel] FW: move to version 5.7.1?

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 20 19:32:46 CET 2009

If it is part of the cm3 tree then I (for one) am ok with it.
It would have to be part of the "min" set.
Will it work on Windows or is it Posix-specific?
Working on Windows is kind of the point in question, since the *.sh files are fine for Unix.

JScript, Python, and maybe Quake should also do.

Possible problem with Quake and Scheme is it won't work for bootstrapping from older release.
Problem with JScript is it'll be Windows specific.
  Therefore you are stuck still with two (or three or four!) sets of files.
  Best to have one set that work "everywhere".
Bash and Python don't have these problems, they work with older cm3 and on all platforms.
(I reluctantly lump Bash in with Python as being good because I still haven't gotten around to get Python to compile on my MIPS64_OPENBSD system and use the Bash files on it.)

Bootstrapping eventually isn't an issue, eventually.