[M3devel] Modula-3 auto keyword upcase

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Fri Jan 2 21:22:45 CET 2009

Hi,
I know there are two good options, but yo may want to try first and see what adjust better for your purposes:
The
m3clipse projects which currently has developed a parser that builds
the AST tree and gives you highlighting capabilities of Eclipse Editors
(also auto completes)
You may want to try download the source and
build as a Java Plugin Project,
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=183896
if doesn't work or have doubts on how to do it just write the m3clipse project list or me.
The author told me that: "The simplest way is to start Eclipse (3.3), choose File->import and
load the workset file" that is m3clipse.psf file

The other possibility but is still more in development is the Cooledit Text Editor Modula-3 syntax work made by Pino Zollo (he agrees to put the files on elego cvs tree ):
http://freshmeat.net/projects/cooledit/
You
can put the two files which are attached (Syntax and modula3.syntax)  and you will get some
completion features (I couldn't see if that works still as the author told
me it does, but highlighting works),  and offers easy macro construction
on the Editor and easy interaction with python scripts.
managed to compile the cooledit itself and then put the 2 files on the
path ~/.cedit/  (or in the Unix installation path
/usr/local/share/cooledit/syntax ) but I needed to add the following
two lines in the Syntax file (no modula3.syntax) :
file ..\*\\.(m3|i3|ig|mg)$ Modula3\sProgram
include modula3.syntax

Cooledit  should work in Win32 platforms as well. Also he commented me the mc program could use this two files as well.

Hope this helps