[M3devel] [M3commit] CVS Update: cm3

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 13 19:45:43 CET 2009

> As far as I remember it has always been this way with (C)M3.> Runtime and compiler must agree wrt. target platforms.> > Olaf

I /think/ they can disagree, as long as you don't build the runtime.
That is, when you add new platforms, you build the updated compiler first,
against an old runtime, then build the updated runtime.
I'm just speculating though based on my being stuck last night
trying to build m3core first, vs. that I often build the compiler first.

I also wonder if it must be this way -- if the compiler can't inject
into the runtime its list of targets.