[M3devel] "how to build a distribution"

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Fri Jul 31 18:49:41 CEST 2009

On this matter there's actually more stuff worth mentioning.

Like, you always need various packages/libraries/tools that are often not in default minimal OS installs.

ODBC, X Windows, Postgres, bc, flex, bison, gcc, make, cvs, opengl, etc.

None of those are in the default Debian netinst for example.
And esp. the first few are not in many systems' default installations.

You don't need any of these, except for gcc basically, to use Modula-3.
But if you want to include all of "std", you need the C headers and/or librarie (often just libraries).

I never was able to find opengl for I386_DARWIN (not MacOSX).