[M3devel] ROOT

Tony Hosking hosking at cs.purdue.edu
Thu Jul 2 21:37:45 CEST 2009

I think best would be for Jay to reprise his thinking on why all of
this was needed.  In general, I oppose hard links on the grounds that
they are not trivially migrateable.  Better to have relative symbolic
links.  If we can avoid the need for $origin by installing libraries
in a fixed INSTALL_ROOT/lib directory (rather than the current
symbolic links approach) then I prefer that.

Antony Hosking | Associate Professor | Computer Science | Purdue
University
305 N. University Street | West Lafayette | IN 47907 | USA
Office +1 765 494 6001 | Mobile +1 765 427 5484