[M3devel] Arch-independent derived files (Re: multiarch)

jay.krell at cornell.edu jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 7 22:38:48 CEST 2009

I have seen systems head that way, only to abandon it, for the sake of
consistency and simplicity -- outputs all in one more known place, and
for concurrency -- build multiple architectures without them stomping
on each other. Are the files large or slow to be generated?

  I am on the fence. I like identifying what is the same and removing
duplication. But if it is automated and fast, less motivation.

Considering more of the system, we do parse identical .i3 files per-
platform.  The middle end work is also almost the same for every
platform. But judging from the overall NT386 speed, this is all very
fast.

  - Jay (phone)