[M3devel] Release notes comments

Randy Coleburn rcolebur at scires.com
Sun Jul 19 20:49:32 CEST 2009

>>> Olaf Wagner <wagner at elegosoft.com> 7/18/2009 6:36 AM >>>
>Yes, I haven't spent much thought on Windows until now. I hoped that
>you or Jay will do that. Of course I've also overseen the install.cmd
>scripts for Windows :-/ Should we use cmd or bat? Could somebody
>quickly provide the equivalent of this loop, so that I can
>automate it?
>  ----
>#!/bin/sh
>HERE=`pwd`
>for p in  m3-win/import-libs ... m3-comm/tcp; do
>cd $p
>cm3 -ship ${SHIPARGS}
>cd $HERE
>done
>  ----

Olaf:

Your script can be expressed in Windows .CMD format as follows:

REM ---BEGIN---
@echo off
for %%p in (m3-win\import-libs; ... m3-comm\tcp;) do call :ShipIt %%p
goto End

:ShipIt
echo ...shipping %1...
pushd %1
cm3 -ship %SHIPARGS%
popd
echo.
goto :EOF

:End
echo done
@echo on
REM ---END---

Of course, the REM lines at the beginning/end are optional, I just put them there to show start/end of the script.  Also, you would want to replace "m3-win\import-libs; ... m3-comm\tcp;" with the actual list of folders to be processed.  You can separate them by blank spaces or semi-colons, but if you have a path with an embedded space, you will need to put double quotes around the path.

FYI:  If your list of paths is in a text file, there is another form of the FOR command that would work to process the list from that file.

I don't mind writing .CMD files, so if you and Jay want some help in this area, I am willing to volunteer.

Regards,
Randy Coleburn