[M3devel] tinderbox status improvements/diagnosis

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon Jul 20 21:04:41 CEST 2009

How do I get tinderbox to run the tests?

It looks like maybe BUILD_REL=lastok does not but letting BUILD_REL default does.

I'll fake up a 5.4 install with current files...

Let it be known that "lastrel" builds might actually be "lastok" builds. If you can tell which ones are mine..

> I found that it's often counter productive to use compression;
> ...so I'd suggest you try -z1.

I'll change it later.

You might have an unusual viewpoint though -- it is fast to checkout from birch to birch.

-z3 is what I recall was recommended.

> > I've heard cvs is a cpu hog, it's one reason people switch away from
> > it (which I hope we'll do after this release..)

I'll have to search, initial searches failed.

> Not that I know... it usually sleeps while waiting for file i/o.

True.

> > I'll check about the cvs exit code.

Fix attempted.