[M3devel] CM3 Release Engineering Status

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Fri Jul 24 06:08:31 CEST 2009

> Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:16:08 +0200
> From: wagner
> To: jay
> CC: m3devel; m3-support; admins
> Subject: RE: [M3devel] CM3 Release Engineering Status
>
> Quoting Jay K :
>

>>> My browser is reporting a problem with the security certificate
>>> used for these web pages.
>>
>> I reported that, for IE8.
>> Workaround: Firefox or Opera.
>
> And you found no way to turn it off in Internet Explorer?
>
> Surely Microsoft cannot assume that the whole Internet is
> officially certified? We'd need to raise some funds if we wanted
> to do that for cm3...
>
> Olaf

I hadn't but now I have.
The first error you get:
        There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

         The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.
        The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.
        Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
          We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
          Click here to close this webpage.
          Continue to this website (not recommended).
             More information

You only get once per running IE and browsing to the site.
Not a big deal.
You can maybe add the certificate to some setting to ignore in future.
I think this is the part you (Olaf and Randy) are referring to.

The bigger problem is that once you ignore this, every single click in Trac brings
up another message, about displaying a mix of secure/insecure content.

I just found the fix to that:
  http://blogs.msdn.com/askie/archive/2009/05/14/mixed-content-and-internet-explorer-8-0.aspx

A setting to for mixed content: enable, disable, prompt.
Change from prompt to enable.
I'm not sure if you can scope it to just modula3/elegosoft (maybe you can make a custom zone, add the sites, change the settings?)

It sounds like it is only for IE8.
That for IE7 there is no fix?
Maybe for IE6 there was no prompt?
I'm using IE8.
Maybe you are supposed to replicate all the insecure stuff on the secure site?
I don't know.