[M3devel] Trusted certificates for Elego's web services

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Fri Jul 24 09:55:34 CEST 2009

I'll put this topic on the agenda of our next infrastructure
meeting at Elego. It will be some time, since our 'prime administrator'
is on a long vacation in the US.

I've never really understood why I should feel more secure if
a large enterprise whose procedures I don't know and can neither
examine nor validate certifies that I bought just that certificate
from them. Nor do I see it really necessary for those who don't
engage in online shopping or trading. I do see that it's an
interesting business though (financial perspective).

However, it seems to become more and more expected that one has
certificates from a trusted issuer, so it will affect all Elego
customers, too.

We'll have to get certificates for all our web servers, which will
then include the CM3 one. I'll let you know if we can take over the
costs :-)

Let's ignore this issue for while...

Olaf