[M3devel] Tinderbox/Hudson

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Sun Jul 26 11:17:49 CEST 2009

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

>  - The links to my Tinderbox test results don't work.
>
>  - Why are my Tinderbox status usually yellow even though the logs look ok?
>     Due the missing test results?
>
>  - I do already have Hudson server running OpenBSD/x86, that was
> easy, not configured yet (still cross building cm3 and will try a
> Tinderbox run first instead.)
>
> LINUXLIBC6 is yellow, but this looks ok:
>
> http://tinderbox.elegosoft.com/tinderbox/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=cm3&brief-log=1248586756.14190
>
> Do they have to be more recent? Or need last release and last ok?
> I only do last ok. You don't have last release for AMD64_LINUX, it
> doesn't exist, but are green.
> Maybe two separate builds are needed?
>
> SPARC32_LINUX is yellow but it also looks ok.
> http://tinderbox.elegosoft.com/tinderbox/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=cm3&brief-log=1248433196.25517

Tinderbox shows running builds that haven't complete yet in yellow.
Results are either green, red, or orange. So the result transfer to
the server may have failed.

> The most recent completed PPC_LINUX failed to get much of the source
>  tree in the CVS checkout. That happens often. I should probably put
>  in a retry or something..

No. You should probably do something about your network connection ;-)

BTW, the exit you put in after the cvs checkout won't work this way.
Unless you use special bash pipe result evaluation, it's always the
_last_ process in a pipe that determines its result code.