[M3devel] Getting ready for new users (Re: HEADS UP: Release engineering)

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Thu Jun 18 14:05:20 CEST 2009

      2) CM3's shared libraries and any you create and ship are in:
            /usr/local/cm3/lib
         On most Unix systems you need to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
         (on Darwin / MacOS X it's called DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH)
         environment variable before running programs that use
         these shared libraries.

You don't need to do this any longer.
Except on NetBSD. But even that will change with a move to NetBSD 5.0,
which was recently released.
I'm not certain I got to every platform yet with that change, but
I definitely got to a few.

AMD64_DARWIN is missing from the list.
You should probably mention "Mac OSX" in the description of "Darwin",
well, except for ARM_DARWIN, which should mention iPhone and iPod Touch.
(cm3 does run on my phone..)

Interix should mention Service for Unix (SFU) and Subsystem for Unix Applications (SUA).

SOLgnu uses the GNU C compiler but I believe Sun linker.

I still haven't done much with my Alpha and IA64 machines. :)

Hm, so many archives per platform now.
Combinatorial situations lend themselves to combinatorial thinking/work, yuck..