[M3devel] Getting ready for new users (Re: HEADS UP: Release engineering)

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Thu Jun 18 16:05:28 CEST 2009

The NT386* files are in the old config directory.

  My automation knows to check config-no-install first, then config.

I thought moving them might break you. At least in the past.

  Your Tinderbox work.

You know...I kind of took over these files, churned them mercilessly, felt ok about it.

All the other files I forked and left the "originals" alone.

But then eventually mine became the Real ones.

Ok, I'll move them.

At some point..maybe just after this release, I suggest we:

  delete all of config

  then move all config-no-install to config

But I bet CVS can't track history across a move, lame.

(Maybe after this release we switch to svn or hg or git or mtn, or can get a free p4 license, or darn near anything...)

And also delete all the unused Unix/*.i3 files.

I worry about the fine line between keeping stuff for historical purposes vs. deleting unused stuff for clarity. I know CVS keeps even the deleted stuff, but Attic is kind of less visible, isn't brought down by cvs upd, and the cvs web interface is poor.