[M3devel] Getting ready for new users (Re: HEADS UP: Release engineering)

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Fri Jun 26 17:12:38 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:05:51PM +0200, Olaf Wagner wrote:
> Quoting Jay <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:
>

> >I tested the LINUXLIBC6 archive and it installed ok, no prompting.
> >
> >I ran it with no parameters -- unlike Henrik. It did mention the
> >current working directory (or its directory, same thing) as the
> >install source, which confused me. Probably as long as system.tgz
> >exists where it expects, it shouldn't say anything.
>
> Strange.
>
> Hendrik, can you reproduce the strange message? And then perhaps
> provide a system call trace (ktrace, truss, whatever)?
>
> Olaf

I'll try.  I'll probably have to rm -r /user/local/cm3 first.  Anything
else I need to watch out for?

Now that I think of resetting ... I still had the old cm3-min
unpacked somewhere else, and I add its bin directory to the $PATH on
a bash startup.  Could that have be affecting the results?

-- hendrik