[M3devel] cvsup and cm3 - drama galore! Any help for Uexec_WNOHANG?

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Mon Mar 16 04:38:27 CET 2009

I want to end up with a working cvsup for our RHEL5 U4 x86_64 servers (a
working 32-bit binary is fine...).

So I tried building cm3 and ran into problems trying to bootstrap. The
list archives said "use newer source". So I tried. And the latest
snapshots failed to build. I saw a message complaining about the
regression (sadly sans solution), so I grabbed source from CVS as of Jan
31, 2009. That built!

So now I try building cvsup. Then I apply the cm3 patch and try again.
Then I manually hack "SchedulerPOSIX" to "Scheduler" and try again
(thank my lucky stars for Google!). So now I _almost_ have it building,
but it fails on FSServerU.m3, complaining about an undefined reference
to Uexec_WNOHANG. And here I sit, stumped. I see a C sourse file
Uconstants.c in the cm3 distribution that looks like it _ought_ to
define it, but obviously something is unhappy...

When was the last time somebody successfully built cvsup with cm3 on
Linux? I'll gladly bootstrap from some known good point, but I'd rather
avoid doing a binary search to find a working compiler...

--
Carson