[M3devel] ports with versions in their names?

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 26 11:04:50 CET 2009

These platforms..NetBSD2i386, FreeBSD4..in particular
because they identify old versions, should we just
pretend they are "I386_NETBSD" and "I386_FREEBSD"?

Introduce new platforms with those names?

Current FreeBSD is 7.1, though I know 4.0 might be
more popular than it sounds.

There is not likely anything any longer version specific
in the source to these ports, and possibly not even in the binaries.
And if there is anything version-specific in the binaries,
removing it might requiring building on the particular host,
or at least capturing their sysroot and building cross gcc/ld/gas.

I don't know if the "6" in "LINUXLIBC6" still makes sense.