[M3devel] recent problems?

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon Mar 16 09:57:40 CET 2009

Thanks.

Here is another one.
I found this testing moving PPC_DARWIN to "my headers".
formsedit crashes during startup roughly more than
half the times I start up, but not every time.
The stack is always the same.
I'll test it without my change.
  I think it'll happen either way, but I'll see.
  Yes, it recurs without my change, though I double
  check that my change is really undone.
I'll have to dig into this.

How does one get the code from CVS corresponding to a date?
cvs upd -D ?
I'll try that or something, see if I can find when things worked.

I should also be able to try the mklib crashing scenario
on other platforms. It normally doesn't run on other platforms.

stubgen..if I'm ambitious, I can run in a loop on another platform.
But I think just moving Cygwin off of pthreads will "fix" it
and provide a cleaner base (not due to pthreads, but the Cygwin stuff).

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at address: 0x00000004
[Switching to process 19583 thread 0x2643]
0x0031798c in ScrollerVBTClass__PaintViewWithShadows (M3_Ao3CED_v=0x1f1eef4) at ../src/lego/POSIX/Sc
rollerVBTClass.m3:325
325         VBT.PaintTint(v, r, v.shadow.bg);
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0031798c in ScrollerVBTClass__PaintViewWithShadows (M3_Ao3CED_v=0x1f1eef4) at ../src/lego/POSI
X/ScrollerVBTClass.m3:325
#1  0x0031766c in ScrollerVBTClass__PaintView (M3_Ao3CED_v=0x1f1eef4) at ../src/lego/POSIX/ScrollerV
BTClass.m3:292
#2  0x0031a460 in ScrollerVBTClass__Repaint (M3_Ao3CED_v=0x1f1eef4, M3_A0Kbc5_rgn=0xf0284778) at ../
src/lego/POSIX/ScrollerVBTClass.m3:693
#3  0x0031a590 in ScrollerVBTClass__Redisplay (M3_Ao3CED_v=0x1f1eef4) at ../src/lego/POSIX/ScrollerV
BTClass.m3:706
#4  0x005c2870 in VBTClass__Redisplay (M3_BFdKo9_v=0x1f1eef4) at ../src/vbt/VBTClass.m3:367
#5  0x005cf1c0 in VBTRep__Redisplay () at ../src/vbt/VBTRep.m3:652
#6  0x005ce59c in VBTRep__UncoverRedisplay () at ../src/vbt/VBTRep.m3:601
#7  0x005ce724 in VBTRep__RdApply (M3_EMTrVz_self=0x1d554c8) at ../src/vbt/VBTRep.m3:606
#8  0x0132ff88 in ThreadPThread__RunThread (M3_ChNkUD_me=0x1e23940) at ../src/thread/PTHREAD/ThreadP
Thread.m3:531
#9  0x0132fb58 in ThreadPThread__ThreadBase (M3_AJWxb1_param=0x1e23940) at ../src/thread/PTHREAD/Thr
eadPThread.m3:508
#10 0x9002b908 in _pthread_body ()
(gdb)